We consider it our mission to create an effective, inspiring work environment instead of the “furniture among bare walls” type offices, where the users and the organisation are able to achieve their best and contribute to the productivity and effectiveness of the company, attracting new employees and to build the company culture.
- 1991: Steelcase sets up its commercial office in Budapest
- 1999:Blue Business Interior Kft is founded – according to the “Think Global, Act Local” philosophy Steelcase outsources sales activity requiring local expertise. Blue is a company in full Hungarian ownership.
- 2000-2002:Company restructuring and introduction of the Blue brand, broadening core activities with value added services that go beyond furniture sales.
- 2003: Blue acquires the “Steelcase Accredited Dealer” certificate among the first in Europe.
- 2004-2005:Development of office space services that require a higher level of expertise (partition, workspace planning, interior design, consulting), the introduction of activity-specific CRM system.
- 2006-2007:Internal business development in addition to the improvement of overall service level (implementation of the new website, acquisition of the ISO-certificate), brand positioning survey.
- 2008-2009: the alignment of the global economical crisis, survival, escape in advance, organizational restructuring, the main emphasis is to expand our services
- 2010-2011: development of value-added services: complete interior design responsibilities, client representation in technical and project management, expand the product portfolio towards lower-cost solutions
- 2012-2014: Development of the workplace strategy methodology based on Steelcase researches and our 25 years experiences.
Internal values and competencies
- market knowledge and experience gained over a period of 25 years
- strategic and financial planning
- Blue’s success and continuous progress is based on its staff
- the continuous development of individual competences (training)
- providing a career path for our staff
- “Open Book Management”
- mutuality, optimism, passion
- own, permanent fitting team with over 10 years’ experience
Financial and infrastructural background
- solid financial indicators
- continuous development and investment
- headquarter in a category “A” office space
- high performance IBM server and Lotus Notes Domino server
- CRM system enhanced with industry-specific functions
- multiple level IT structure
- EDP connection with our major partners
- temperature controlled warehouse of 700m2 (additional buffer of up to 200m2) with trucks and forklift
- COB (Continuity of Business) plan
- our own cargo vehicles and equipment